The tasks of members of the International Advisory Council are as follows:
- To be a point of contact for people who want information and advice about COSMIC in their respective countries
- To serve as a ‘sounding board’ for ideas on the future direction of COSMIC activities
- To help promote the COSMIC method within their country by, for example, organising a national COSMIC Special Interest Group, translating COSMIC material into the national language(s), etc.
A particular country may also be assigned responsibility for a specific topic that needs investigating on behalf of COSMIC by the IAC Special Interest Groups. COSMIC encourages the formation of Special Interest Groups on COSMIC at the national level. COSMIC SIG’s exist already for:
- Italy, as part of Gruppo Utenti Function Point Italia - Italian Software Metrics Association (GUFPI-ISMA)
- Japan, as part of the Japanese Function Point User Group (JFPUG)
- The Netherlands, as part of the Dutch Software Metrics Association (NESMA)
- The United Kingdom, as part of the UK Software Metrics Association (UKSMA)
Anyone interested in joining or forming a national SIG should contact their national representative on the COSMIC IAC.
The current members of the COSMIC IAC work in academia, consulting and industry. Their names and contact e-mail addresses are listed below.